Learning how to work on embedded system design is not so complex if you know how to start, where to look for information on internet and what to do if you are stuck.
In 2017, I decided to start writing articles so that I can help engineers, hardware startups with the knowledge and experience I have gained in the last two decades. I will write on various topics which will be useful for beginners as well for an experienced engineers.
These articles are mainly for engineers who are just entering into the embedded system world and want to learn how to design embedded solutions. It is very important to learn the basics first, so that the foundation is strong. I have tried to write some articles which will help engineers learn the basic fundamental things.
- What to learn to become a good embedded design engineer?
- How to learn about microcontrollers?
- How to select electronic components?
- How to debug an electronic circuit?
- 7 Essential things a good PCB design engineer should know
- How to write a good technical specification for an embedded product?
- Very Low Cost FPGA Development Boards – a list by Joel
Embedded System Design Optimization Tips & Tricks
These articles are for engineers who have less experience of building embedded products. These are mainly focused on how to optimize your embedded system design for power consumption, size, cost or reliability.
- 10 tips to squeeze your embedded design or product
- Cost reduction techniques for your embedded product
- 10 Most Important Tips for Low Power Embedded System Design
- How to choose between lead-less or leaded component package
- Which critical circuit protections are must for your embedded product?
Embedded Maker Boards
- Want to use embedded maker boards for product development?
- Limitations of Cheap Onion Omega2S Computer Module
Raspberry Pi Board & Compute Modules
- Why Raspberry Pi Board (SBC) is not good for commercial product development?
- 10 Raspberry Pi (SBC) based Products
- 10 Popular Commercial Products using Raspberry Pi Compute Module
- 6 Raspberry Pi Compute Module Development Boards
- Advantages & Limitations of Raspberry Pi Compute Module
- Raspberry Pi Comparison Table
- BalenaFin – A Raspberry Pi Compute Module Carrier Board
Internet of things
If you are working on an IoT (Internet of Things) product, these articles should help.
- 7 Tips for a reliable GSM GPRS Connection for an IoT Products
- Wireless system-on-chip (SoC) or a module for your next internet of things (IoT) project?
- Web-based user interface for your IoT product
Embedded System Design Market Reports
It is always good to keep a watch at what is going on in the market you are operating. So, if you are interested in understand whats going on in the embedded market, useful information is listed here.