Learning how to work on embedded system design is not so complex if you know how to start, where to look for information on internet and what to do if you are stuck.
In 2017, I decided to start writing articles so that I can help engineers, hardware startups with the knowledge and experience I have gained in the last two decades. I will write on various topics which will be useful for beginners as well for an experienced engineers.
These articles are mainly for engineers who are just entering into the embedded system world and want to learn how to design embedded solutions. It is very important to learn the basics first, so that the foundation is strong. I have tried to write some articles which will help engineers learn the basic fundamental things.
- What to learn to become a good embedded design engineer?
- How to learn about microcontrollers?
- How to select electronic components?
- How to debug an electronic circuit?
- 7 Essential things a good PCB design engineer should know
- 10 step embedded system development process
- How to write a good technical specification for an embedded product?
- Very Low Cost FPGA Development Boards – a list by Joel
Embedded System Design Optimization Tips & Tricks
These articles are for engineers who want to learn how to optimize embedded system design for power consumption, size, cost or reliability.
- How to Implement firmware update for your Microcontrollers (MCU)?
- 10 Most Important Tips for Low Power Embedded System Design
- Which critical circuit protections are must for your embedded product?
- 10 tips to squeeze your embedded design or product
- Cost reduction techniques for your embedded product
- How to choose between lead-less or leaded component package
Artificial Intelligence / Machine Learning
- Popular AI Hardware Platforms (AiGlobalLab used my article)
- Automated PCB Design using Artificial Intelligence (AI)
Embedded Maker Boards
- Want to use embedded maker boards for product development?
- Limitations of Cheap Onion Omega2S Computer Module
- How to be successful on Crowd Supply Crowdfunding campaign?
Raspberry Pi Board & Compute Modules
- Why Raspberry Pi Board (SBC) is not good for commercial product development? (Russian Translation here)
- 10 Raspberry Pi (SBC) based Products
- Raspberry Pi Alternatives (Clones)
- Popular Commercial Products using Raspberry Pi Compute Module
- 6 Raspberry Pi Compute Module Development Boards
- Advantages & Limitations of Raspberry Pi Compute Module (Russian translation here)
- Raspberry Pi Comparison Table
- BalenaFin – A Raspberry Pi Compute Module Carrier Board
System on Modules / Computer on Modules
Internet of things
If you are working on an IoT (Internet of Things) product, these articles should help.
- 7 Tips for a reliable GSM GPRS Connection for an IoT Products
- Wireless system-on-chip (SoC) or a module for your next internet of things (IoT) project?
- Web-based user interface for your IoT product
Embedded Product Testing & Compliance
Make In India Initiative
If you are an Indian products developer or manufacturer, please support Indian companies if you can. Following list of companies might be of help to you.
- List of PCB Manufacturers in India (75+)
- List of Indian Companies Manufacturing Electronic Components (70+)
Embedded System Design Market Reports
It is always good to keep a watch at what is going on in the market you are operating. So, if you are interested in understand whats going on in the embedded market, useful information is listed here.
Please share your feedback, I would love to hear from you!