Last year Raspberry Pi Foundation has launched its Compute Module 4 with a lot of improvements many of us have been waiting for and asking for since long. I highly recommend to go through all the advantages and limitation of Raspberry Pi Compute Module 4, before you start considering compute module for your product development.
It is always interesting to see how various companies start to include these modules in their products. Last year, I have created an article listing more than 10 commercial products which are using Raspberry Pi compute Module CM3/3+ and now its time to list all the products based on CM4
Products based Raspberry Pi Compute Module 4
1. ModBerry 500 CM4 Industrial Computer
ModBerry 500CM4 is the newest series of industrial
computers based on Raspberry Pi Compute Module 4. Main features of the industrial compute are:
- High-performance quad-core Cortex A72 1.5GHz processor
- 1/2/4/8GB RAM and up to 32GB flash memory
- Serial ports: 2x RS-232/485
- Configurable digital inputs/outputs, 4x Digital input/output
- Analog inputs, 4x Analog input
- Communication interfaces: Gigabit Ethernet, 1-Wire, USB,
- CAN (optional), PCIe 2.0 via miniPCIe or M.2
- Audio/Video: HDMI (optional)
- Expansion cards:
- built-in WiFi 2.4/5GHz, Bluetooth 5.0, 5G, 4G/LTE, NB-IoT,
- LoRa, Wireless M-Bus, ZigBee, GPS, ExCard modules
You can buy ModBerry 500 CM4 Industrial Computer online from IIOT Industrial Shop. You need to login to see the Price information, there are configuration option as well.
2. ONLOGIC IoT Device
Harnessing the power of the Raspberry Pi Compute Module 4 (CM4), OnLogic is bringing Pi to the edge of industrial ARM computing and IoT.
This device is going to be a DIN rail mountable IOT Edge Computing device with the following features:
- Dimensions: 102.5 x 129 x 38 mm
- Raspberry Pi CM4 SOM Processor
- Up to 8 GB Onboard LPDDR4 Memory
- Up to 32 GB Onboard eMMC Storage
- M.2 2280 SATA Storage
- Key Available I/O
- 2 GbE LAN ports
- 1 RS-232/422/485 Terminal Block
- 1 Micro-USB for OTG
- 3 USB Ports(1x 3.2 + 2x 2.0)
- 1 Micro-HDMI port
Device is not yet available, please contact ONLOGIC for more information.
3. CutiePi Tablet (199$)
Spec of the CutiePi Tablet:
- Processor: BCM2711, Quad-core Cortex-A72 (ARM v8) 64-bit SoC @ 1.5 GHz
- Raspberry Pi Compute Module 4, Wireless, 2GB Lite (CM4102000)
- Display: 8” IPS LCD (1280×800)
- Battery: Li-Po 5000mAh
- WLAN 2.4 GHz, 5.0 GHz IEEE 802.11 b/g/n/ac
- Bluetooth 5.0, BLE
- Camera: Rear-facing camera 5MP (1080p)
- I/O ports:
- 1x USB type-A
- 1x USB type-C (charging and OTG)
- 1x micro HDMI
- 1x microSD slot
- Dimensions: 206(W) x 134(H) x 14(D) mm
- OS: Raspberry Pi OS + CutiePi shell
Company has kept design open source and can be downloaded from Github
It will run Raspberry Pi OS with CutiePi shell optimized for tablet use. The video below shows the shell on Raspberry PI CM3+ Lite-powered CutiePi.
Currently they are accepting preorder at discounted price of 199$ and later the same tablet will be available for 229$.
4. Chipsee Industrial Panel PC (239$)
Chipsee All-In-One Pi is an industrial PC based on the Raspberry Pi Compute Module 4, and designed for both industrial, and smart home automation applications.
It gives you option to have preinstalled OS(Debian /Ubuntu), LTE Modem, Casing Color, Base stand at extra cost. While ordering you can configure as per your requirement.
- Weight: 620 g, Dimensions: 250.54 × 178.54 × 26.9 mm
- CPU Cortex-A72 (Raspberry Pi CM4)
- Display Size (inch.) 10.1″
- Resolution: 1280*800
- Brightness (cd/m²): 350
- Touch Screen: 10-Point Capacitive
- External storage: 1 TF card slot designed for storage expansion
- Wi-Fi/BT module comes with the CM4
- Internal ZigBee supported, NOT mounted by default
- Internal 4G/LTE module supported, NOT mounted by default
- 1x Giga Ethernet
- Camera on the front panel, NOT mounted by default
- Audio Mic input on the front panel, 2W internal stereo speaker, 3.5mm audio In/Out connector
- 1x mini USB OTG, 2x USB 2.0 HOST
- High accuracy internal RTC (keep track of time one week after power off)
- GPIO/Wiegand: Two 5V Logic GPIO Outputs, can be used as Wiegand signal
- 1 Channel by default, 2 Channels at most. The RS485 circuit automatically controls the Input and Output direction (no need for software control)
- 2x RS232
- OS: Debian, Ubuntu
- Power Input: 9V~36V DC, consumption: 6W, current @ 12V: 500 mA max
- Working Temperature: 0℃~50℃
- Plastic Case Color: Black, White
- Certification: ROHS, CE
For more details, you can go through the hardware and software manuals.
5. WIN Enterprises Panel PC
The IP67 Panel PC is an ARM-based PC system with an integrated LCD and multi-touch touchscreen suitable for both indoor and outdoor applications. The waterproof PC comes with a rugged die-cast chassis
SYSTEM: Broadcom BMC2711, Quad-core Cortex-A72 (ARM v8) 64-bit SoC @ 1.5GHz
DISPLAY & TOUCH: SCREEN 7” 800×480 Color LCD with 10 Finger Capacitive touch
RAM: 2GB, 4GB or 8GB LPDDR4 -3200 SDRAM (soldered down)
STORAGE: MicroSD card slot up to 32GB supported
ETHERNET 1x (RJ45) Gigabit Ethernet port IP 67
SERIAL 1x RS 485 Half Duplex port IP67
WIRELESS 4G Cellular (Optional), WiFi 2.4 GHz and 5.0 GHz IEEE 802.11ac (limited range in Metal chassis, Extended range antenna optional), Bluetooth 5.0, BLE (lim ited range in Metal chassis, Extended range antenna optional), LTE/GPS modem (Optional)
USB 2x External USB 3.0 ports IP67, 1x Internal USB 2.0 (for cellular)
I/O Internal 40-pin GPIO header
POWER 12VDC 3A Power supply required IP67 external connector supplied
OS SUPPORT ARMv8 Instruction Set; mature Linux software stack and recent Linux kernel, support for Ubuntu
TEMPERATURE, Base model 0-50°C, Optional: Extended temperature version -20-85°C
MECHANISM Die-cast aluminum chassis, Optional DIN-rail mounting kit
STANDARDS & CERTIFICATIONS: CE, FCC
Get more details in the datasheet and the manuals.
6. Chipsee All-in-one desktop computer(AIO-CM4-156) 339$
The AIO-CM4-156 is an all-in-one desktop computer based on Raspberry Pi CM4. Keyboard, Mouse not included in the package.
It features a 15.6-inch IPS display with a 2mm protective Armoplated Glass (optional capacitive touchscreen). The display has a maximum brightness of 250nit.
- Barrel jack for power input (12V)
- Display Size : 15.6 Inches (1920x 1080)
- 4x USB Host
- USB type C
- HDMI Interface
- TF Card Interface
- SD Card (can be used with Raspberry Pi CM4 Lite module)
- Audio jack
- 40 Pin expansion connector (Raspberry Pi HAT compatible)
- Optional Touch screen( additional 60$)
- Optional 250GB Sandisk NVMe SSD HardDisk (additional 60$)
- Inbuilt RTC, Buzzer
- OS selection: Android 11or Debian 10 Linux
- Temperature: 0 – 50 Degree C
Concerning hardware, it offers one TF card interface, one USB C connector, two USB 3.0 channels.
It comes with the Raspberry Pi CM4 module that features 2GB DDR RAM, but has no inbuilt WiFi, or eMMC. They can provide eMMC if you need one.
Hope you have found these products useful.
If you have any suggestion or comments, let me know here.
Read other articles on embedded system design.
If you need any advice or help on embedded product development, contact me here.
Happy learning to you!
Some of the related articles are listed below: