I keep working on different embedded projects in my spare time to learn new embedded technology, software, and applications. Some of my personal work which I did in the past is shown here. I am sharing these so others can learn and get some inspiration.
Some of my embedded system projects which I did in my spare time are mentioned below:
1. Renesas (R8C2B Tiny) General Purpose Breakout Board
Purpose of this board was to create a break outboard so that while developing various projects it will help in PoC development and test the solution quickly.
- Character LCD
- I2C EEPROM
- I2C RTC
- Programming Connector
- Parallel Interface for Dot-Matrix
- UART interface for Thermal Printer
- PS2 Keyboard Interface
- GSM/GPRS Interface for Modem
- Some more IOs on header connectors
2. Graphic LCD interface with Renesas MCU (R8C Tiny)
Interfaced Graphic LCD over parallel interface and build the library from scratch for characters/ string display using different fonts, and image display. It was quite a learning experience.
3. SD/MMC Card interface with Renesas MCU
For the first time, I tried Sd Card / MMC Card Interface using SPI interface. I tool one readily available adapter board and connected to the Renesas board I developed and did the coding from scratch. I was able to make it work with basis read, write function. That time I did not implement the file system and the experiment I did was with a 2GB SD card.
4. Programmable High Precision Electronic Load
5. STM32 based IoT platform (OLED, USB, RS485, WiFi, Switches, Temperature/Humidity Sensor)
Read my other interesting articles on embedded systems design: