RG-02 Indoor LoRaWAN gateway
The RG-02 is an indoor-type LoRaWAN gateway which supports Semtech packet forwarder and LoRaWAN base station functions and compatible with the standard LoRaWAN protocol.
RG-02 adopts the SX1301 LoRa RF baseband chip + 2x SX1257 RF front-end combination design, and supports 10 programmable parallel demodulation paths.
The gateway supports various connectivity options like Wi-Fi, Ethernet, and 3G / 4G cellular, which can easily be used for various application.
The RG-02 has a variety of standard LoRaWAN-band options preset to adapt to different countries and regions. Users can customize the frequency band and build a private LoRa network as well.
RG-02, can communicate with the ABP LoRaWAN terminal node without a LoRaWAN server and realizes the data resolution and forwarding functions by the gateway itself.
This lightweight deployment approach is very easy for system integrators to connect it directly to existing IoT applications. No need to build a LoRaWAN servers or use third-party LoRaWAN services.
- Open source OpenWIT system
- Could be managed or configured using Web-GUI, SSH via LAN or Wi-Fi
- Emulates 49×LoRa demodulators
- 10 programmable parallel demodulation paths
- Self-define zone parameters
- Access TTN platform.
- LoRaWAN Class A/C mode.
- Different Frequency band options: High frequency version (EU868，IN865，RU864，KZ869), Low frequency version(CN470).
Specification for RG-02
|Frequency version||Low band version(470-510MHz), High band version(863-870MHz)|
|Memory||64MB DDR + 16MB FLASH|
See the video below where Humidity is monitored using Ra-08H node and RG-02 gateway.
In the video, you will learn how to setup and configure the whole system quickly.
Applications of LoRaWAN Gateway
There are various application where RG-02 gateway could be used. Especially for Low power sensor networks.
- Smart metering
- Smart cities
- Asset tracking
- Smoke sensors
- Parking sensors
- Agricultural sensors
- Remote control applications
- Safety and security sensors
Contact Ai-thinker for any further support
- Official website: https://www.ai-thinker.com
- Documentation: https://docs.ai-Thinker.com/
- Official forum: http://bbs.ai-thinker.com
- Technical support email: email@example.com
I am currently working as an embedded systems design consultant and helping companies build custom embedded products, develop test automation solution for their PCB.
If you have any feedback about the blog, you can share in the comments below or you can also contact me directly.
Read more interesting articles on Embedded Systems Design.