WCH has recently launched a new ultra low cost RISCV microcontroller. It runs at 48Mhz and has 16KB Flash and 2KB RAM along with other general purpose interfaces (GPIO, I2C, SPI, UART) available on most of the microcontrollers.
The MCU could easily be used in many low end applications where cost is major constraint due to high volume or can even be used in low compute applications.
- 32-bit RISCV 2A Core
- Up to 48MHz system frequency
- 2KB SRAM, 16KB Flash
- 1x DMA controller
- 1x OpAmp comparators
- 10-bit ADC
- 1x 16-bit advanced timer and 1x 16-bit general-purpose timer
- 2x watchdog timers and 1x 32-bit system time base timer
- 1x USART
- 1x I2C
- 1x SPI interface
- upto 18 I/O ports, mirroring an external interrupt
- 64-bit chip unique ID
- Serial 1-Wire Debug Interface
- Multiple low power modes: sleep, standby
- Supply voltage: 3.3/5V
- Power-on/power-off reset, programmable voltage detector
- Package form: TSSOP20, QFN20, SOP16, SOP8
System Block Diagram
- Datasheet CH32V003DS0.PDF
- Reference Manual CH32V003RM.PDF
- Evaluation Board CH32V003EVT.ZIP
- They support MounRiver Studio (MRS) IDE for the development which is Eclipse based environment.
WCK LInkE and WCH DAP Link can be used for programming and debugging.
From where to buy
You can buy from Aliexpress for 5.5$. (website is banned in India)
On Tinde the evaluation board is available for 9.90$ and the whole kit which includes the programmer is available for 19.90.
Evaluation board + programmer is listed on LCSC(12.79$).
Hope you enjoyed the blog.
I am currently working as an embedded systems design consultant and helping companies build custom embedded products, develop test automation solution for their PCB.
If you have any feedback about the blog, you can share in the comments below or you can also contact me directly.
Read more interesting articles on Embedded Systems Design.