Last year during August time-frame ST Micro has launched their next generation STLINK-V3 and now STLINK-V3 Mini , a more compact in-circuit debugger and programmer for their STM8 & STM32 series MCUs. Its cost costs just 9.75$ and due to its compact size could easily become part of your project in order to give you more flexibility during prototyping.
It is a stand-alone, USB powered programmer and debugger with a very compact size, just 15mm x 30mm. It comes with 14 pin debug connector on the bottom side of the PCB.
It supports USB 2.0 high-speed interface and has direct firmware update(DFU). It provides Drag-and-drop Flash programming.
Some of the features STLINK-V3 Mini offers are:
- JTAG / serial wire debugging (SWD) specific features:
- 3 V to 3.6 V application voltage support and 5 V tolerant inputs
- SWD and serial wire viewer (SWV)
- Virtual COM port (VCP) specific features:
- 3 V to 3.6 V application voltage support on the UART interface and 5 V tolerant inputs
- VCP frequency up to 15 MHz
Read more on the product page.