ST Microelectronics has a lot of great product lines in their STM32 MCU series but so far the most popular ones I am aware of are STM32F103, STM32F4XX.
A few weeks back I saw a new set of low cost STM32 MCU boards emerged on AliExpress.
If you want to evaluate STM32F4 Series MCU, you must consider these development boards. They don’t come with on-board debugger but if coupled with low cost STLink, they could be very useful for learning or initial prototyping.
STM32F401 Board (~3$)
- STM32F411CEU6 (100Mhz) with 512KB FLASH & 128KB RAM
- Onboard LDO for 5V to 3.3V DC conversion
- 2x 20 Pin Single Line Header which gives access to all the IOs. The board comes with unsoldered header connectors.
- Header for SWD Programming Interface
- Switches for Reset, Boot Mode, User
- LED for Power and another connected on GPIO(C13)
- 25MHZ high speed crystal, 32.768Khz low speed crystal
- BOOT0 and NRST, releasing NRST to access serial port download, DFU download, using ST multi-in-one STM32 Cube Programmer burning software.
- Option to solder SPI Memory on the bottom side of the board.
- USB-C type Connector
- Curved PCB traces looks good 🙂
STM32F407 Development Board (~7$)
- STM32F407VET6 (168Mhz) with 512KB FLASH & 192+4KB SRAM
- Micro USB interface support download (DFU download, not serial port)
- OLED interface – plug and play support 0.96 inch OLED
- TFT liquid crystal interface connector for 1.44 / 1.8inch full color LCD
- 2MB SPI Flash Memory (W25Q16)
- High speed crystal oscillator 8MHz, Low frequency crystal: 32.768K
- Power + programmable LED lights
- User and reset button
- Onboard LDO for 5V to 3.3V DC Conversion
- SD card connector
- All CPU-IO available on dual line header connectors
I also planning to have them on my monthly embedded boards giveaway in coming months.