StereoPi V2 is an open-source stereo camera based on Raspberry Pi CM4.
It can do all usual stuff like capture, save but can also do livestream, and process real-time stereoscopic video and images.
StereoPi can be used in various applications like in robotics, AR/VR, computer vision, drone instrumentation, panoramic video, etc.
Their previous version StereoPi was also crowd funded on crowd supply and was very successful.
And, when Raspberry Pi CM4 was launched, it was quite obvious to release a new version with CM4 as Raspberry Pi CM4 is way way better in performance and design vs CM3/3+. You can read my article on what is so good about Raspberry Pi CM4.
You can watch this short video for a quick overview:
Key Features of StereoPi V2
It has various interfaces as listed below:
- Gigabit Ethernet with POE
- 2x USB-A Connector
- Micro HDMI
- 1x USB Slave
- 1x USB on header for extension
- MicroSD Card
- Multiple LEDs
- Power source indicator
Powering StereoPi V2 (Ultimate flexibility)
There are multiple ways one can power the StereoPi V2, you have convectional 2-pin JST connector input, USB type C
- JST Connector
- Power over ethernet (POE)
Open-Source Design files?
At the moment they have not released the design but it will be available soon. You can check design files of their previous version in KiCAD.
StereoPi V2 in Action
SteroPi V2 – SLP web interface
It is equipped with all features you need:
- Easily to set image and video options
- Record photos and videos to the micro SD or external USB dongle
- Automatic video conversion for 3D video upload to YouTube
- External buttons support for the photo shot and video recording
- External TFT screen support to enable viewfinder for your camera
- Video live stream to the browser
- Video live stream to the Oculus Go/Quest/Quest 2
- and lots of other options
From where to buy and for how much?
Currently crowd supply campaign is going on you can buy, there are various options, only carrier board, or full kit.
- StereoPi v2 Slim costs 49$ (No USB A and Ethernet connector)
- StereoPi v2 Standard costs 55$
- StereoPi v2 Camera Kit 185$ (includes cables, Raspberry Pi CM4 Module, cameras, enclosure, etc.)
StereoPi V2 as Raspberry Pi CM4 Carrier Board
StereoPi V2 was specifically built for camera applications but that doesn’t mean you cannot use the board for other purposes or application.
It is one of the most compact Raspberry Pi CM4 carrier board available in the market and could be utilized for various other applications where small size is important and provided interfaces are enough.
You can learn about other CM4 carrier boards in this article.
More details on the Crowd supply StereoPi V2 product page.