Espressif has recently launched ESP32-C2 version which is very low cost 0.44 cent per unit for 1k MOQ and now available as ESP8684.
ESP8684 Technical Spec:
- RISC-V 32-bit single-core processor up to 120 MHz
- Industry-leading low power and RF performance
- Built-in 272 KB SRAM (16 KB is dedicated to cache), 576 KB ROM storage space
- 14 programmable GPIO pins:
- 12 bit SAR A/D converter
- Temperature sensor
- LED PWM controller
- 3x SPI
- 2x UART
- 1x I2C master bus
- 1x 54-bit general-purpose timer
- 1x 52-bit system timer, and two watchdog timers.
- QFN 4x4mm package
- It comes in 3 variants 1MB/2MB/2MB Flash
- Operating temperature is -40 to 105 Degree C
- Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 5.0 connectivity
For more details please check the ESP32-C2 / ESP8684 device datasheet.
ESP8684 / ESP32-C2 Block Diagram
ESP8684 Price information
It is understood that the 1k MOQ for ESP8684H1(1MB Flash version) is available for just 44 cents and the module will cost around 1.9$.
The Dev kit will cost 10.5$ which will have module and USB interface for flashing and power.
More details are available on the Espressif website.
I am currently working as an embedded systems design consultant and helping companies build successful and reliable embedded products.
If you have any feedback about the blog, you can share in the comments below or you can also contact me directly.
Read more interesting articles on Embedded Systems Design.