LILYGO has recently launched T-RGB platform which is powered by Espressif Wireless SoC ESP32-S3R8 which has Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 5.0 Connectivity.
The board has 2.1 inches display with touch, on board MicroSD card, 8MB PSRAM and 16MB Flash memory.
Grove Connector is provided so that Grove compatible breakout board, modules could be connected easily to be useful for various applications.
USB-C is used for programming the microcontroller as well as for charging the battery. Battery connector is available so that an external LiPo battery can be connected.
LILYGO T-RGB technical specifications:
- Dual core MCU used is Espressif ESP32-S3R8 running at 240 MHz.
- Storage: 8MB PSRAM, 16MB Flash
- MicroSD Card
- Display: 2.1-inch round color RGB display( 480×480 resolution) with touch
- Powered by 5V, USB-C port for power and programming
- 4 Pin Grove connector ( I2C)
- Button for reset and boot
- WI-FI and Bluetooth 5.0 connectivity
- LiPo Battery connector (1.25mm pitch)
- Contact size – 63mm x 59.5mm x 18.28mm
LILYGO T-RGB Pinout details
as you can see the GPIOs where not enough for the features required so they have used XL9535 IO expander chip on the board.
Further documentation regarding LILYGO T-RGB platform like schematic, 3d enclosure deign, etc. is available on GitHub
From where to buy and the cost?
Cost of the board is kept at 28.61$ + shipment.
Its a great platform for prototyping a smart watch. extra sensor is required could be connected over Grove interface.
I am currently working as an embedded systems design consultant and helping companies build successful and reliable embedded products.
If you have any feedback about the blog, you can share in the comments below or you can also contact me directly.
Read more interesting articles on Embedded Systems Design.