Atmosic Technologies, a California based company has very low power SoC having Bluetooth 5.0 which consumes 10 to 100 times lower power than anything else available in the market due to their innovative technology.
Company claims they have Low Power Radio and on-demand wakeup technology which they have built into their devices which enables user achieve phenomenal improvement in power consumption without reducing the performance or functionality.
Their SoCs uses ARM Cortex M0 core with lot of other interfaces. They have two series SoCs ATM2 and ATM3.
ATM3 Series SoC has inbuilt energy harvester block for taping the ambient energy. With inbuilt energy harvester this SoC makes hardware designers life easy, no they don’t need to pick another PMIC for energy harvesting so one less IC and helps a lot when designing especially a device where space is a constraint.
- ARM® Cortex® M0 processor (16 MHz)
- 256 KB ROM, 128 KB RAM, 4 KB OTP (both Flash and Non-Flash versions are available)
- Operating voltage: 1.1 – 3.3V
- Bluetooth 5 Compliant, data rate supported: 2 Mb/s, 1 Mb/s, 500 kb/s, 125 kb/s
- Power Consumption: 1.0 mA RX @-95 dBm, 2.5 mA TX @0 dBm
- External Harvesting/Storage Interface
- Integrated Power Management Unit (PMU)
- DC/DC Buck-Boost Converter
- RF Wakeup Receiver
- I2C, SPI, UART, PWM Peripherals
- Configurable GPIOs
- Quad SPI with Execute in Place (XIP)
- Application ADC (10-bit)
- Digital microphone input (PDM)
- Keyboard matrix controller (KSM)
- Quadrature decoder for mouse input (QDEC)
- 16 MHz / 32.768 kHz Crystal Oscillator
- AES 128 hardware
- True random number generator (TRNG)
- Sensor Hub
- Package: 5×5 mm 40-pin QFN, 6×6 mm 64-pin DR-QFN
- Environmental Monitors
- Asset Trackers
- Remote Control
- Human Interface Devices (HID) – Mouse, Keyboard
- Key fobs and Accessories
Evaluation Board and how to buy?
One can buy the evaluation board directly from their website and evaluate the top notch technologies for their future product development.
Video to learn more about Atmosic SoCs
Hope you find this post interesting.
You can read my other articles on embedded systems design. If you have feedback or comments, let me in the comments below or contact me here.
Nordic, Dialog et al is around 3mA+ at 0 dbm transmit power. Atmosic is around 2mA+.
Atmosic is ~1.5 times less power consumption.